Setting goals for the new year enables us to reflect on our current situation, our goals, and the best way to achieve them. Since about 80% of people abandon their New Year’s goals within six weeks, setting a goal is simple, but staying committed to your goal until the end is a different challenge. Don’t worry—along with A8 Resource, discover tips for maintaining your focus over the whole year in this post.
Why Are You Unable To Stick With Your Goals?
- Your goals are based on what others say you need to change, not what you actually want.
- You don't have a realistic plan to achieve your goals.
- Set New Year's goals when you're not ready to change.
- Use negative language in your goals (don’t, can’t, not, ...)
Tips Help You Stick To Your Goals
1.Using S.M.A.R.T Model For Specific Goals
- Specific: Avoid broad, ill-defined goals. They should be as specific as possible to keep you focused.
- Measurable: Use tracking app or a note on your phone, mark every little step you go ahead.
- Achievable: Think critically and honestly about what you’re capable of achieving.
- Realistic: Consider whether you have the time, energy, and resources necessary to reach each goal.
- Time Bound: Set a time limit to meet the goal and break it down into small steps along the journey.
2. Recognize Your Challenges With W.O.O.P Model
- Wish: What is the goal you wish to achieve?
- Outcome: What is the ideal result you want to achieve?
- Obstacle: What prevents you from doing what you want?
- Plan: When that obstacle appears, what do you do to overcome it?
Try To Remain Flexible
Adapt your plans as needed, recognize that flexibility is essential for sustained progress. Keep in mind that the journey may look different than expected, and that’s ok.
Share Your Goals
You can share your goals with a few others or share it on social networks. When more people know, you will have more motivation or pressure to do it, so your commitment will also be higher
Regularly Celebrate Achievements, Review, And Adjust
Adjust your goals and action plans as needed, align them with your changing needs and circumstances, and celebrate your achievements.
In some cases, you may not have started working on some of the goals on your list. Instead of blaming yourself for being lazy or doubting your abilities, examine that goal objectively. Perhaps the goal you set is not wrong, but the timing is not appropriate. A8 Resource hopes these tips will help you set meaningful goals and keep a positive mindset while conquering them.
A8 Resource Co., Ltd
Tel: +84 28 3910 1060
"Great Career, Great Living"
#A8Resource #HRServices #ExecutiveSearch