What is Toxic Productivity?
Toxic productivity is when the constant need to “work” negatively impacts your physical, mental, and emotional health. It's the dark side of the mindset of always doing something, and it can lead to stress, anxiety, depression, and even burnout.
How to Identify Toxic Productivity
- Never be satisfied with your work performance.
- Feeling guilty about taking time to rest.
- Keep comparing yourself to others.
- Physically and emotionally drained due to overwork.
- Become frequently irritable and tired of social circles.
- The illusion of self-improvement.
- Lack of self-confidence.
- Set a clear boundary between personal and work time.
- Practice self-care and spend time on your hobby.
- Relax when your body shows signs of stress or exhaustion.
- Don't try to fill your free time with studying all the time.
- Take care of family relationships and stay in touch with social circles.
Try taking a break from reading books and watching videos about self-development and positive thinking. Instead, take a breath and reevaluate what happened. Hopefully, the information provided by A8-ers will help you work more comfortably and efficiently.