The IBM Training and Skills Blog advises updating your technical skills every 2.5 years to stay up to date with the rapidly advancing technology. You want to innovate yourself at the start of 2024, but you're not sure what skills you still lack? Let's explore 10 employer-valued skills with A8 Resource to find useful competencies that will further your career development in this post.
* Note: These skills may be relevant to fields that require high-tech skills. This post is referenced from article “What Employers Want: 22 In-Demand Skills”. Please click the link here: https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/5686-the-most-in-demand-career-skills.html#how-to-acquire-in-demand-skills
10 In-Demand Skills
Based on data about popular jobs from Adobe, Upwork, and LinkedIn, the following ten skills are in high demand:
- Blockchain development: understanding the ins and outs of blockchain technology and decentralized networks
- Cloud computing: delivering and managing resources via the internet and a communication network.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): understanding how search engines prioritize search results based on elements such as links and keywords
- Project management: possessing expertise in overseeing and handling projects of all kinds.
- Data analysis: analyzing raw data to make conclusions about information.
- Artificial intelligence (AI): designing, developing, and deploying AI systems.
- Web architecture and development: working with software frameworks that help to simplify the development of web applications.
- Business development: helping businesses grow, building partnerships...
- Video production and editing: possessing video editing and filming to produce content for marketing purposes.
- Sales: connecting with customers and selling products/services
How To Acquire In-Demand Skills?
If you lack in-demand skills, there are several ways you can get experience in these areas and increase your appeal to employers:
- Take an online course: Utilizing online learning tools like YouTube, Udemy, and Coursera, …
- Learn at your current job: Reaching out to colleagues in other departments or a supervisor who uses those skills you wish to acquire.
- Get an internship: Many companies are open to hosting interns of any age who are willing to learn and contribute to their business.
- Create a self-study program: Planning to set aside some time every week to focus on learning about your desired skills.
When you’re choosing new skills to learn, assess the latest trends and determine how to stay relevant to meet changing employer demands. To increase your chances of staying motivated and finishing the course, try to focus on subjects that you find interesting when you first start learning new skills. A8 Resource hopes that this post's list of 10 in-demand skills will assist you in determining which skills to develop in 2024 for your career.
A8 Resource Co., Ltd
Tel: +84 28 3910 1060
"Great Career, Great Living"
#A8Resource #HRServices #ExecutiveSearch